Aerospace Innovation Forum 2018
Organized in collaboration with the National Research Council Canada (NRC)
The fifth edition of the Aerospace Innovation Forum held in April 2016 at the Palais des Congrès de Montréal was a great success. Aéro Montréal is proud to host the sixth edition of this international event on April 16 and 17, 2018.
REGISTRATION (sold out)
INTERNATIONAL GROUP FOR UAVS AND AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES - by invitation only
Key statistics of the 2016 Forum :
- 1,200 participants
- 50+ exhibitors
- 80+ international speakers
- 1,400 B2B meetings
Aerospace in the Era of Disruptive Technologies
The sixth edition of the Aerospace Innovation Forum will explore how disruptive technologies will influence the aerospace industry in its business model and how these changes will affect aerospace innovation in the future. Moreover, the influence of aerospace innovation itself as a vector for disruptive technologies for other industries will also be discussed. The Forum will focus on six key technologies we expected to represent the greatest potential for transformation of our sector :
- Advanced Manufacturing: Next generation intelligent robotic systems, artificial intelligence, Internet of things and cloud computing for our plants;
- 3-D Printed Vehicles: 3D data models to address the certification, manufacturing scale and new material challenges;
- Eco-Technologies: Solutions and technologies for the challenges of emissions, energy consumption, noise, reuse and recycling of our products and services;
- Big Data for Mobility, Aviation and Space: Commercial use of data generated through operations by the development of sensors and machine solutions including artificial intelligence concepts;
- On-Demand Autonomous Mobility: Design, manufacturing and commercialisation of components and infrastructures of on-demand vehicles and autonomous systems based on a network of vertical take-off and landing vehicles (VTOL);
- Virtual Design and Testing: Synthetic environments, machine learning and artificial intelligence to improve design for manufacturing and certification, on-demand autonomous and eco-technology programs.
The Aerospace Innovation Forum 2018 will start the International Aerospace Week in Montreal from April 16 to 20, 2018. More than 1,500 Canadian and international decision-makers and experts from the aerospace, transportation and ITC sectors are expected to attend conferences, workshops, B2B meetings and a technology exhibit. The Aerospace Innovation Forum is the largest gathering of aerospace professionals in Canada.
OBJECTIVES OF THE EVENT
- To confirm Montréal’s role as a recognized global centre of expertise for the aerospace industry;
- To present the major technological advances in the global aerospace industry;
- To stimulate aerospace innovation globally through the sharing of strategic challenges and best practices related to the management of the aerospace innovation chain;
- To stimulate business opportunities globally in terms of aerospace innovation;
- To strengthen links between key players of the global aerospace industry and key players of the Quebec aerospace industry;
- To mobilize key players of the global aerospace industry around common innovation strategies;
- To foster partnerships between different organizations.
This event is intended for aerospace industry players from Quebec, Canada, and the world, representatives of universities, research centres, policy makers, students and trade journalists. Aéro Montréal is expecting all the major global players to attend, be they private (OEMs and other companies) or public (educational institutions, research centres and governments).