Who are these activities targeting?
Elementary school students (Grades 5 and 6) and their teachers enrolled in schools located in the Montréal area (e.g. Montréal School Board and Montréal South Shore).
What is the activity?
Lasting approximately 75 minutes, the activity will follow the main steps of the Passion for Flight pedagogical guide (abridged version) with the aim of introducing young people, aged 9 to 11, to the aeronautics industry and to trades specific to this industry, as well as to build a paper airplane model following assembly instructions. This activity will allow students to familiarize themselves with the technological design process (planning, testing the prototype). Students will learn about forces and movements (material universe).
- Introduction to the aeronautics industry
- Introducing the forces at play when an airplane is in flight
- Aircraft construction
- Introduction to aeronautical trades
- Taking pictures of students with their plane (parental permission required)
List of required equipment:
- Paper airplane template(one copy per student)
- Airplane assembly instruction sheet
- A crayon big enough to go around the fuselage
- Coloured crayons
- A pencil
- A ruler
For more details, download the kit by clicking here