Strategic Forum on Aerospace
En ligne / Online
ContactBack to List
Come and listen to sector experts and discuss the priority actions to be implemented as part of the Relaunch MTL movement.
The speeches will be delivered mainly in French.
Monday, November 2, 2020 from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Registration deadline: October 30, 2020
Aerospace is one of the key sectors of the economy in Montréal and, more broadly, at the national level. While the sector is known for its resilience and has gone through several periods of turbulence over time, the pandemic is causing an unprecedented shock wave. Global air traffic has fallen sharply and all agree that recovery will be slow.
According to the latest International Air Transport Association (IATA) forecasts, global air traffic could return to pre-pandemic levels between 2024 and 2027. Such a slowdown has major consequences for the entire ecosystem, from manufacturing SMEs to the country’s airlines and airports.
Maintaining our aerospace industry’s enviable position internationally and retaining our talent is a huge challenge. We need to address this issue quickly, by building on our strong capacity for innovation and developing projects for the next generation of greener aircraft.
In order to promote this sector’s return to growth, it will be important to:
- Demonstrate its economic and strategic importance for the city
- Identify and specify the effects, challenges and opportunities stemming from the COVID-19 crisis
- Assess the effectiveness of existing government assistance measures and present measures to be considered to support businesses
- Present the recovery or sectoral assistance strategies implemented elsewhere that may apply in Québec
- Issue courses of action and sectoral recommendations to political decision-makers in Greater Montréal (spearheaded by the Chamber and its partners)
- Promote the ability to rebound through innovation, new business models and corporate strengths
- Determine the elements to be developed to strengthen and promote a return to growth
- Identify business challenges and opportunities for companies in the short, medium and long term
- Define potential courses of action for development and relaunch based on established strategic priorities
Event format in a nutshell
- Starting at 7 a.m., log on, join the movement and take part in a networking session (optional)
- Starting at 8 a.m., conferences, panels, master classes and workshops
- At noon, end of activities
- From noon to 2 p.m., discussions between all participants (optional)
- Virtual booths throughout the activity