A market with potential: defence (training on the American market)
In the current environment, companies realize that diversification into new markets allows them to limit risks and take advantage of new opportunities.
While the American defense market represents an avenue of diversification for existing players, integration into the value chain is not easy.
Aéro Montréal and McCarter & English are offering a two-day training on the US market. The training will be provided by Mr. Daniel J. Kelly and Mr. Zack Hadzismajlovic, both partners at McCarter & English.
In addition to the training will be offered 2 practical workshops offered by LSI with the intervention of Doug Friedli, Eileen Wahlstrom, Linda Andrews and Steve Carson.
- Introduction to U.S. Government Contracting
- Doing Business with DoD as a Canadian Company
- Export Controls and other Barriers to Entry When Supplying Defense Articles and Emerging Technologies Introduction to CFIUS
- Protecting IP When Funded by the U.S. Government
- Protecting Covered Defense Information and Classified Information
- Staying Out of Jail When Doing Business with the U.S. Government (Round Up of Compliance)
WORKSHOP 1 : ITAR AND FARs COMPLIANCE
WORKSHOP 2 : SBIR|STTR AND TEAMING WITH A PRIME CONTRACTOR
Dates and location :
Tuesday January 19, 2021 and Wednesday January 20, 2021 from 09:00 to 12:00 and from 13:00 to 16:00
Workshop 1: Tuesday January 26, 2021 from 11:00 to 12:30
Workshop 2 : Wednesday January 27, 2021 from 11:00 to 12:30
The training and workshops will be conducted on line (Zoom) in English.
Prices : 415$ (including 2 participants from the same company)
Book as soon as possible, places are limited.
On the sidelines of the training, companies that have attended the sessions can benefit from coaching with one of the consultants from LSI. This support aims to develop a concrete action plan targeting business opportunities in defense and security.
The 8 hours support will be offered only virtually (600$).