MANNARINO FREE SEMINAR (OTTAWA) - RPAS SOFTWARE CERTIFICATION
MANNARINO at a glance
Mannarino Systems & Software Inc provides safety-critical systems engineering services, as well as software and programmable hardware engineering services to the aerospace, defense, space, simulation, rail and power generation industries. We are specialized in the design, verification and validation of safety-critical systems. MANNARINO is also a TCCA accredited DAO for the Airborne Software (DO-178C and Electronic Hardware DO-254)
National certification authorities are in process of defining new regulations concerning Remotely Piloted Aerial Systems (RPAS)/drones. Some of these new regulations include, or are expected to include, Design Standards for the RPAS including their subsystems and software. The focus of this seminar is on systems and software development processes which can achieve certification authority design approval. We will also discuss how to ensure your software is ready for certification and how to minimize certification and development costs.
- An overview of regulatory requirements governing the design and development of airborne software including recent RPAS regulations.
- An overview of certification & systems aspects of design and development of airborne software.
- Safety/System flow down of requirements to hardware & software.
- Why DO-178C Design Assurance Level (DAL) D can be an affordable certification alternative for RPAS manufacturers & suppliers.
- Contrast DO-178C DAL D certification objectives with other DAL objectives & learn the criteria for establishing the appropriate DAL.
- Possible approaches to establish a solid basis for certification and latitude to re-use certification life cycle data as future needs evolve.
- Potential project cost expectations & metrics.
- How MANNARINO can help capitalize on work already accomplished.
Who Should Attend ?
- RPAS Systems, Software & electronic Hardware Engineers.
- RPAS Project Managers.
- Anyone interested in learning about DO-178C DAL-D Guidelines.
Meet our Instructors
- John Mannarino - President of Mannarino Systems and Software Inc
- Amanda Melles - SW/AEH Design Approval Appointee (DAA) for MANNARINO Design Approval Organization (DAO) Mannarino Systems and Software Inc