The Gilles-Demers Awards recognize the leadership and excellence of Québec’s aerospace SMEs. This competition promotes the development of Québec’s aerospace players by highlighting small- and medium-sized enterprises that demonstrate leadership in key areas.
Prizes are awarded in three categories:
- Wealth creation and outreach
- Commitment to innovation
- Business development and internationalization
The “SME of the Year – Grand Prize” is awarded to the winning company that has excelled the most in all categories.
Why enter the contest?
In addition to the Trophy and the prizes that are awarded for each category at the annual gala, this contest allows you to:
- Position your company as a leader in its category
- Increase the reputation and profile of your company
- Benefit from media visibility (press release issued by Aéro Montréal; promotional videos; advertisements)
The Gilles-Demers Awards are open to all Québec aerospace SMEs that meet the following criteria:
- A company with fewer than 250 employees in Québec
- Company with a Québec Enterprise Number (NEQ)
- Company with a minimum of 30% of its activities in aerospace
The legacy of Gilles Demers
Gilles Demers joined our industry as an inspector at Pratt & Whitney. He worked for a few companies in our ecosystem before participating, in 1997, in the creation of the Association québécoise de l’aérospatiale (AQA). Mr. Demers was elected President of the AQA in 1999, and was re-elected on numerous occasions.
Gilles Demers firmly believed that the development of a strong Québec industry depended on the ability of companies to come together to offer the “best.”
For Gilles Demers, the term “best” had a profound meaning: his friends were the best, his partners and suppliers were the best... and that’s how his company was the best. Guided by this leitmotif, he understood very early on the importance of implementing a strategy of consolidation and working in partnership in order to better serve his clients. This vision led not only to improvement within his company, but also throughout the industry.
Dates to remember
Nominations for the 2020 edition: Winter2020
Next Gala: October 23, 2020