The third edition of the Symposium, an initiative of Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions organized in partnership with STIQ and Aéro Montréal, will take place on Monday, October 23, 2017, at Hotel Mortagne, in Boucherville. This year’s focus will be on industrial capabilities and research and development in Quebec.
The purpose of this one-day event is to:
- inform SMEs about business opportunities in the defence and security market, the Industrial and Technological Benefits policy and best practices for succeeding in this market;
- promote the industrial capabilities and the research and development of Quebec enterprises operating in the defence sector in the aerospace, land, marine and C4ISR domains to prime contractors, original equipment manufacturers and SMEs;
- raise awareness among participants regarding issues such as cyber security and intellectual property through a workshop format;
- offer the opportunity to meet key defence and security market stakeholders (Public Services and Procurement; Innovation, Science and Economic Development; National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces; Canadian Coast Guard and many more).
The event will close with a networking cocktail to foster discussion among Quebec SMEs interested in the defence and security sector, prime contractors and government stakeholders.
The registration fee is $285. To register, click on 2017 Symposium on the STIQ website.
Private business meetings among prime contractors and industrial subcontractors operating at various levels of the supply chain will be held the following day as part of STIQ’s Buyer/Supplier Day, on October 24, 2017, at the same location. SMEs that wish to take part are invited to register for an addition fee.
A networking cocktail will close this event in order to foster discussions about the Defense and security sector between Québec SMEs, prime contractors and government representatives. During the cocktail, you will have the opportunity to meet informally with B2B / B2G represented by the following organizations:
List of OEMs and Tiers 1
- Bell Helicopter Textron Canada
- General Dynamics Land Systems Canada
- Groupe Océan
- Irving Shipbuilding
- L3 MAS
- Lockheed Martin Canada
- Logistik Unicorp
- Naval Group
- Oshkosh Defense
- Pratt & Whitney Canada
- SNC Lavalin, Operations and Maintenance
- Soucy International
- Thales Canada
Government of Canada
- Marine royale canadienne (MRC) / Royal Canadian Navy (CAF)
- L'Aviation royale canadienne (ARC) / Royal Canadian Air Force (CAF)
- L'Armée canadienne (FAC) / Canadian Army (CAF)
- Recherche et développement pour la défense Canada (RDDC) / Defence Research and Development Canada (DRDC)
- Directeur général Cyber (MDN) / DG Cyber (DND)
- Garde côtière canadienne (GCC) / Canadian Coast Guard (CCG)
- Innovation, Sciences et Développement économique Canada / Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
- Conseil national de recherches Canada / National Research Council Canada
- Services publics et Approvisionnement Canada / Public Services and Procurement Canada