COVID-19 | Priority services and activities
The Government of Québec has released a list of services deemed essential and not subject to the closure order.
Québec’s aerospace cluster is diverse, and we have listed below all the sectors deemed essential, highlighting (in italics) those that could potentially apply to our companies. However, judgment should be applied for all of the categories below; in this public health situation, the well-being of your employees remains the priority. We therefore invite you to consult the list below as well as the comprehensive list on the government’s website :
- Health Care
- Public Safety
- Government services
- Government air services
- Maintenance and operation of strategic infrastructures
- Essential manufacturing activities
- Production of inputs for critical sectors
- Manufacture of microelectronic components
- Manufacturing and maintenance for the defence sector
- Essential stores (grocery store, pharmacy, etc.)
- Work equipment (safety and protection)
- Media and Telecommunications
- Banking and Financial Services
- Construction (urgent work)
- Maintenance and upkeep of buildings
- Transport and logistics
- Ports and airports
- Locomotive and aircraft maintenance services and essential aeronautical operations (air transport)
If your business activity is not listed above, but you believe that it is essential or is an entity providing essential services or functions, you can apply for designation as an essential business. A telephone line will be set up shortly.
Businesses and services on this list will be required to ensure that people in their establishments respect, as much as possible, the principles of social distancing.
Telework and on-line commerce are allowed at all times for all businesses.
Since the situation is evolving rapidly, we encourage you to stay informed by regularly consulting the information published by the Government of Québec. You will find other useful information prepared by the Government of Canada.
Les dernières nouvelles
April 7, 2020
Éric Martel takes the helm at Bombardier
Appointed President and Chief Executive Officer of Bombardier Inc. in March,...En savoir plus